Wednesday, October 19, 2005

What It Feels Like For A Girl.


Illusion of Beauty

I have so much to say yet so little time. First I'll say this: Men have no clue what it's like to be a biological girl/woman - well, I have a tinny speck of an idea but until the day comes when I find myself running to the bathroom to change my tampon, which something tells me it won't be anytime soon, I will never know what it feels like to be a real girl.

I'll give my dissertation on how men are clueless in the ways of women until they walk in their shoes for another time. That said, last night I had the most amazing two and a half hour talk with an old friend from high school whom I hadn't talked to in over five or six years. She has become an extraordinary, wife, daughter, sister, and mother (she has two cute dogs and a cat) all while still maintaining that youthful spirit I remember knowing in high school over eight years ago. She has gained one thing new which she lacked back in her teen years, and that is wisdom imposed through young adulthood. It's amazing how a person grows by the time they reach their mid-twenties. Anyone that can recognize their mistakes, ask for forgiveness from those they have hurt, and then turn around and appreciate the sacrifices their parents made for them gains my complete and upmost admiration and respect. They to me are the stars, the ones that should be in magazine covers, and set as role models...

Full essay in Trans-cending Zine Vol #1 Boy/Girl